Thursday, October 31, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 31

Happy Halloween from my house to your house!

It's finally here...The last blog of Blogtoberfest! I'm glad it is coming to an end. I was beginning to feel pressured to write when I really didn't have anything to write about.Well, nothing of interest at least. Now I can continue on with writing when and what I feel like doing. But with the end of this  adventure comes the start of a new one. Everything is coming together at this point in time. 

Halloween, my favorite holiday is here with no one to celebrate it with but I have my calendar marked for next year to be up celebrating  with my daughter in Jacksonville.  

I have told the necessary people I am quiting Altered Minds as of now.  I have decided I will not be attending the November meeting since my daughter is going to be leaving the following day and I am pretty sure we will be busy having a nice last day spent together. The holiday party in December is nothing I feel I want to bother with this year. I may change my mind but doubt it. It seems like so many members can't find time to attend meetings but can always find time to come to the parties. It depresses and discourages me to see that happen so will not go this year and be better for having stayed away...


Enough of the down stuff, now for the good stuff.

My daughter will be arriving in Tampa tomorrow at about 4 in afternoon and we are going to have such a great time visiting and sightseeing the way tourist do. First comes the wedding of my grand daughter Stephanie and a day of putting together some finger food to go along with the catered meal. Then a couple of interesting towns to visit are on the agenda along with her swimming with the Manatees and a visit with my second cousin who lives nearby.  After that we will travel back to Jacksonville, stopping for some sightseeing and lunch/dinner in ST. Augustine where my daughter will meet us.  Then on to spend the weekend with my  daughter who has a whole new agenda planned out for us. We will spend  one day at the state park and beach with a picnic and hiking and just relaxing, Then a second day of spa treatments for the three of us. The guys are on their own then but we will meet up for dinner after.Then it is back to our town for last minute touristy things and then goodbye for another year.

I see my new bed is being shipped so it should arrive while I am in Tampa fetching my daughter. Everything is done and ready for the next couple of weeks of family fun. After that my life will slow down again and get back to what is normal for me. Days of doing art and sewing and exercising and planning an extended road trip for next year for ourselves. Something else to look forward to.

I am excited to be getting back into sewing on a regular basis. I have a lot of fabric I want to use for new clothes and try new ways of sewing. Learning more about couture sewing is one of my goals for 2014 along with the hand sewing techniques of Alabama Chanin. I already have my patterns and fabric for my first complete outfit for that project. The couture sewing will be part of every thing I sew from now on so it will be a " learning in progress." 

I also have a list of art projects for the yard I want to do this winter while the weather is cooler and many to do indoors when I feel the urge to break away from sewing. My sketch book should be filled by years end if I keep tangling each day. I do know one thing for sure. I will never have time to be bored.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Darlene! First of all, congratulations for blogging every day of October! Your doing it supported my endeavors. So thank you for providing moral support. I have enjoyed keeping up with your adventures in creativity, teaching, cleaning, organizing, celebrating, planning a wedding, and joyous attitude that you bring to everything that you do. The next two weeks sound fantastic and I hope you can blog some of it because I want to share in your travels! Have fun with your daughters, the wedding, the spa, land all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth for diligently reading all my blogs and commenting on them. It has been fun and the best part for me was to read your blog each day and learn a little more about the American Oystercatcher. I wonder who will come up with the next blog challenge and I wonder if I will do it..Probably so...I did enjoy the last two we did together...

    ReplyDelete