Sunday, February 2, 2014

SUNDAY LEISURE AND SUNSHINE







Finally we got sun today...lots of sun Interesting the shadow patterns on my painting...
Today was a day  of doing nothing but enjoy. My oldest son Brian arrived in the middle of the night after the rest of the household was asleep. By household I mean Bob, Marshal and me. We went to bed with the door unlocked in anticipation of my son's arrival in the wee hours of the morning.  Marshal, our fearless watchdog snuck into our bedroom and made himself comfortable on the bolsters off the bed that lay on the floor every night  after Bob retires. He is usually the first to go to bed so leaves them in corner of room where Marshal takes up residence as soon as he can. . I stayed up to watch a program I had taped and retired an hour later.Once upon a time I would have stayed up to wait for him but not now. At my age sleep calls out to me and I listen.

When I got out of bed this morning to have coffee and do the crossword puzzle Brian was fast asleep in bed so I could then relax knowing he made it safe and sound as far as our home. I finished up the last of the preparation for brunch, put dinner in the crock pot and set about getting myself ready. 

My son and his wife were invited over for brunch this morning as was my grand daughter Liz. For no other reason than to celebrate family. We had a tasty brunch of an egg and ham casserole, grilled smoked sausages, roasted potatoes, Caesar salad, wild blueberry muffins and grapes...washed down with Mimosas...it was a nice filling meal to carry us all over to dinner time and it was my first time to make and serve mimosas so a new experience was enjoyed by all..

Everyone took a tour of my outdoor art gallery and I received compliments around. It is always fun to show off new art ...My son, Brian, took a panoramic view of my garden..which I am going to try to post on this blog. The view goes from North, right side of photo where you see the paintings and pergola to South, left side of photo  where you can see the corner of lanai.



While we were outside my youngest son and I made plans for building my outdoor wash station. This is my recycled sink.




Here is where we are going to install it...convenient to the work table in my outdoor studio..of course the 'stuff' in the way will be put where it goes..Stuff has a way of getting out of order during the summer months.




Then we took a tour of the front where my son will be doing a power wash for us next weekend...the sidewalk has mold and the eaves on the side of the house has mold...







Wherever the sun misses gets mold easily and these trees hanging over the sidewalk, that probably need trimming, shelters the sidewalk from the sun...hence the mold.








I know I should have Bob trim the trees out front but I love the way it looks so keep saying no...soon will have to relent or our front door will be completely blocked...








1 comment:

  1. Darlene thank you so much for sharing your rich, warm, lovely home and family here on your blog. I absolutely loved the panorama photo of your art garden. I treasure your words about sleeping while a son arrives in the middle of the night...the food, the good times...

    ReplyDelete