Thursday, May 22, 2014

FUNDAY MONDAY May 19, 2014...# 9 Visualization...

Looking at reading as visualization, perhaps a source for learning visualization. Have particular writers inspired you to visual expression? Ever had inspiration from reading to do something visual, in writing, or other art expression, music, movement? Self-help books, facebook, online, biographies, poetry, spiritual, fiction, children's books, magazines? How does one transfer an idea or insight gathered from one art form into another art form? I don't mean these particular questions to be answered, but an attempt to point to examples. Or does reading have no part at all in your art expression? Or sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

The paragraph above describes the Funday Monday prompt for this week on the Daily Creative Practice. I am on a hiatus from Facebook right now but Ruth has kindly offered to keep me up to date and post my blogs for each Monday's prompt.


I am a visual learner and since books are a huge part of my life in all ways I think they have definitely played a big part in how I have progressed as a person and as an artist. I can't name a particular writer or artist that has left permanent indent on my psyche though there are many I admire and often find myself trying to emulate.




"Visualizing Movement."

My most recent visualization is using The Wave dance to augment my exercise program. To add variety to a part of my day that I try to put off but can't ignore if I want to stay around a bit longer. It has added fun to my exercise and I thank Lee Russell for bringing it to my attention when I complained that, having two left feet I could not dance. She assured me that with this video and the quiet instructions given throughout any one can dance. She is right..if I can any one can. 









"Visualizing Spiritual."

 I recently realized I needed more direction on my life and remembered getting little tid bits of this book in my email each day but lost them when I changed addresses. I googled it as I do with most things I need to know and came up with The Secret which is the most interesting 'self help book I have read to date and has inspired me to become more than I thought I could ever be.





"Visualizing & Transferring ideas." 

I enjoy a challenge and when my grand son showed me this drawing he did I was immediately inspired to recreate it in 3d. Here you can see how I took this one dimensional drawing and turned it into a 3 dimensional assemblage by visualizing.










I prefer books to classes as I can reopen a book where as with a class, once you leave the class you better have good notes or a good memory.Books are always my 'go to'  for tutorials when I want to learn a new process or sometimes just to wake up my muse. I can create 'uniquely mine' clothing and accessories by seeing ideas in magazines and online...

Visualization. ...it is the way I create, the way I see and the way I live. Thank you Tj Worthington for this interesting prompt. I don't think I have done it justice but it is what it is and I did enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment