Monday, August 22, 2022




ASG Embellishment Challenge 2022


Recently I rejoined ASG in Jacksonville after our move up here in 2016. This year for the annual meeting we were given a challenge to create something and embellish it. I had this pattern for a dress designed by Diane Erickson and the linen from years back as well as the strips I had cut for a different project and an idea was born

Front of dress



                                                             Back of dress



Changed neckline


Hat I will be wearing at the luncheon


As well as the little purse made of matching fabric


Closeup of neckline

This dress took me forever to complete as I had multiple problems with it. Most of them stemmed from the neckline and how to stabilize it so it didn't stretch out of shape. I finally came up with the idea to use the fabric strips which I do like. I had already finished off the neckline so I had to take it apart and re do it. Finally I can call it complete and ready to model at the luncheon. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment