Wednesday, December 5, 2012

#reverb12 Day 6: What did you learn?

Compare the “you” from the beginning of 2012 to the “you” that you are now. What new skills or talents have you learned or discovered this year?


I think the most important thing I have learned this year is to accept that I am an artist. Albeit not necessarily a very good one but an artist never the less. I enjoy doing most all kinds of art and trying new techniques and mediums. This I have always know but it is only recently that I have given myself permission to explore and make mistakes and enjoy the journey. Setting aside a medium or process if I am not all that interested or tired of it for the moment. Picking it up later if I decide to pursue it further or again.I know in order to be come proficient at anything it takes practice and for that reason I will not ever be proficient at any medium but I know I can't stay with only one or two ...It would become just too boring and mundane. I may never become rich and famous but I will have a lot of fun trying. And I will be happy because I am a mixed media artist. That has been my greatest discovery this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment