Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#reverb12 Day 5: What was your dream destination?

What was your dream destination in 2012 and why? 

It can be a town, city, country or region -- real or imaginary -- and doesn't matter if you actually got there or not!


 When I was invited to join the newly formed Florida Sew-society and to start a new group I thought what a great idea. It would give me the opportunity to do some of the interesting fiber art workshops that had been pulling at my inner child for a long time.. I have dozens of books showing and telling me all the wonderful things I want to do but have not taken time to do anything other then read them. One thing I have learned about myself is that if I commit to show or teach some one I will know how to do it by the time I need to show them. So my plan as the leader of the two "special interest" groups were to organize the workshops, then facilitate them and in the process learn the technique myself. I decided that the names of the two groups would be 'Unique Techniques' and 'Uniquely Yours'. The objective of the first group was to learn a new and unique technique each month and the second group's objective was to  use that technique in a unique  project.

So on the first Monday of January 2012 we had our first meeting/workshop. It went really well and we decided to make a "unique jacket" type article of clothing using all the various techniques we learned through out the year. Every one got their patterns together and worked out how to change them to make them unique. We just had our last workshop on the first Monday of December 2012 and I will say the year was not what I had hoped it would be. Now I am going to disband the groups and spend my time doing some of the things I really want to do instead of spending my month working out how to do a workshop, get the supply list out to every one and then be so utterly let down over the response.

So my destination this year was not to a place but to facilitate a successful sewing group, but by my standards it was not  successful at all. This was through no one's fault. We are all getting older, health issues come and go and all of us have too many commitments and we all have to make our list of   priorities. Sewing groups are way on the bottom of most of our list. This I understand but for my new year I am going to promise myself to do more of what makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information which are very useful for us.keep sharing more and more.



    By
    Aldrich Mendal
    Floridrida villas

    ReplyDelete