Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A SUCCESSFUL DAY



Today was a success even though I did not get any real art done  until late in the day I did get some necessary chores started and some even finished.   First thing this morning I did my tutorial on how to make the  wrap, then I did some prepping for my luncheon I am catering on Friday and finally this evening before I sat down in front of the TV I did a Zentangle.

This is not my best Zentangle. Ran into several problems as I was doing it. My mind was not on drawing and it showed in my hand as I tried to move the pen in the direction I wanted it to go. Left side kept wanting to take over. My pen was not working up to par. I had forgotten it was running low on ink and started it before I remembered so went ahead and finished it. So it is what it is...as Ruth says. Not good, not bad, just is.  That happened to me with the red ink before but I stopped in middle of that one. I may go back and finish it one day.

I did not get to proof my tutorial so when I get a chance I will make one following my online directions and see if it is really workable. Sometimes we see what we want to see or read what we want to read and since I know how it may be I haven't put it clearly on the page. I hope so and I hope to see at least two wraps made from the directions.

Tomorrow will be busy as well as Friday but on Saturday I am going to give dying a try. I have a box of white tees from when Bob gives blood and I am dying them to use in my Alabama Chanin  http://alabamachanin.com/ classes of hand sewn garments. I plan my first garment to be a top to wear with my slacks. Not sure which ones until I dye the fabric. I have  no expertise in dying so I have no clue how it is going to turn out color wise. I have black, brown, white and ivory slacks so it should work with one of them. And if all else fails the color will work with jeans. Everything goes with jeans.

I need to get back to my Life Book 2013 soon but with only short bits of time here and there I hesitate to start a page. My next in line is rather involved with acrylics so I may skip it for now and go to a less complex technique. I want to get finished at least by the end of February if at all possible. It is making me think twice about starting the next year of classes...Just more to get behind on.


I have spread myself pretty thin for the remainder of this year with the two sewing classes and all the art I want to do. But it will all work out. I will prioritize again and put the most desired on the top of my list. It will make me happy.

All in all I would have to say it was a pretty successful day. Not good, not bad, Just is! I love that saying...




1 comment:

  1. Yeah for days that are "Just is!." I heard someone say last Sunday, "Creating is Heaven and Maintenance is Hell!" I know for me that feels true and I like your re-framing :)

    ReplyDelete