Monday, September 23, 2013

CATCHING UP & GETTING AHEAD




Today was spent getting all my art classes burned to a DVR disc so I can refer to them at a later date if I want to. I was two weeks behind with the Life Book 2013 so had to do that one first then went to the Harvest Queen class and made two sets of disc. One for Ellen and one for me. We were allowed to both sign up for the online streaming video class but only one of us could access the videos after they were ready to burn. That took a week and then I was gone the day it finally became available so it was another thing I got behind on.

About the time I got the burning finished my new book arrived from Amazon so I had to take time out to browse through it and get inspired to do my two large paintings this fall when it is cooler in the garage where I will be working and all my social obligations like birthdays and weddings are over with and my out of town visitors have returned home.




Then I remembered to go to my daughter's photo site to download the photos of the Cummer museum and came across these photos of a wrap/cover up that I want to make to wear in November over a sleeveless dress. It doesn't look all that great here with the dress I am wearing but with the right fabric and the right dress it will be stunning.



 It is just a rectangular piece of satin chiffon, folded  with a seam towards the two ends which when sewed together in such a way  it allows it to drape nicely. 




It is not  draping correctly on this dress but it will when I get it on the dress I am wearing to the wedding...and will be made in a coral chiffon.

4 comments:

  1. It is always so much fun reading about your life. I love your zen tangle and seeing photos of you displaying that cool shawl. I want one! Can you do that? I'll pay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I can Ruth but it would be better if I give you directions and you make one for yourself...take you about half hour...and if you get the fabric and paint on it it would be even more wonderful...I will draw up the directions and you can see if you want to do it other wise I will...

      Delete
  2. Yeah for catching up and I love the pics of your new project! I think you and the scarf are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete