Sunday, September 22, 2013

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME TOTO

What a whirlwind weekend we had. Long drive u p to our daughter's home, bunko fun and champagne toast to 'us' not long after arriving and then after all that it was swimming at midnight. A nice refreshing end to a long Saturday.

Sunday started out with a late breakfast cooked by my son in law Stan who knows how to cook grits and eggs better than anyone I know of...then a quick shower and dressed and off we went to the bridal shower for my grand daughter arriving just in time for mimosas and hugs around from family and friends. 

After all the customary games and food and  oohing and aahing over gifts we made our excuses and headed over to the Cummer Museum where my daughter talked them into letting us in free since she had forgotten her annual pass...She is a good talker and we saved $20 with a promise to not forget it the next time...Between rain showers we toured the outdoor Sculpture Garden then made our way back to the beautiful and very old formal gardens. I took lots of photos with my daughter's camera but we headed home before I got to upload them to my computer so now  I have to wait for her to send them so I can post them.

The drive home was uneventful but for a typical Florida torrential down pour about 30 miles from home. Electric had been out so took a while to get everything up and running again but accomplished in time for Bob to catch the last 2 and a half quarters of the Chicago Bears game and me to catch up on my blogging and emails.

It is always a joy to go on a road trip and it is always a joy to be home again. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful weekend! I feel the same way - it's so fun to go but even greater coming home :)

    ReplyDelete