Sunday, September 29, 2013

DYING TEES, MAKING LISTS AND OTHER STUFF


Yesterday and today I have been playing around with some odds and ends, making list and trying out the tutorial I did for a wrap. 

The dying I did yesterday and learned you can't fit a whole  wardrobe of tees in one soup pot and the color of the dye is not necessarily the color you will get. This is equal parts orange and tan...looks pretty okay but a bit on the orange side for me



Here is what I got after rinsing and drying. Not good, not bad, but can be better. I think I will try over dying at least one of them and see what happens..also they are sort of splotchy which is the reason for not fitting so many on one pot...weight wise it was okay but volume wise not so good.  I thought it was interesting that even though all the tees were 100% cotton not all of them dyed the same color. Which makes me think it is never going to be perfect. 

Along with my experiment in dying tees I made more decisions on what I am going to do in my near future. Near as in the year 2014. Right now I feel so very bogged down with projects that are started and not finished and I don't like the feeling. 

I also feel like my life has been taken over with stuff and I intend to clear out everything that is not being used or will never be used or I can get again easily if I need to. I could start my own pizza business with all the boxes I have saved "just in case." Same with egg cartons and oatmeal boxes...Good heavens. Do I really think I will never eat oatmeal and eggs again or that pizzas are going to become extinct. Fat chance of that ever happening.

I am going to start sorting it as if I were moving.......Some of the stuff will be be packed into boxes and labeled for future use...stuff I really do not want to get rid of but don't want to look at any more (for now)...other stuff will be donated to local craft people and some will go into recycling...Then by the time I get into the new year I may be able to think straight and have a clear idea of where I am going, how I am going to get there and where I can find the materials to do it with.

 So, that will be my end of year project...

2 comments:

  1. Darlene, I find it interesting what you discovered with dyeing the t-shirts. You try to save time and then the product doesn't turn out the way you intended. Useful on two accounts. If I ever need to dye t-shirts and just a reminder in life to keep going and learning.

    Also, I know what you mean about getting rid of stuff and clearing out space. Keep me informed about that. I need to be doing the same thing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the experiment I made. I will be using two different colors of tees for the Alabama Chanin technique so need two shade anyway...Thanks for the good luck wishes...I am going to need them...it is very hard for me to part with anything let along my 'stuff'.

    ReplyDelete