Saturday, September 7, 2013

HUNTERS AND GATHERERS

The Fruits Of My Labors 

As I am preparing for my painting class coming up in one week I decided I needed/wanted some additional colors of paints and a couple of other supplies for my art work. The choices I have locally are pretty lacking so as is usual I went internet shopping. I shopped my favorite art supply house and found all but one of the colors of paint on my list. The total came to quite a bit more then I had thought to spend and was bemoaning the fact that everything is so costly now as compared to "the good old days."  My dear hubby, bless his heart, had two gift cards from Father's day and didn't know what to use them on so he offered them to me. I didn't want to use his gift but he said since it is close to our 57th wedding anniversary he wanted to re-gift me his cards. Now how could I refuse that offer. So my paints are on the way and will be here a few days before my class. 

Now I am not a good shopper which is why I like the internet for shopping but we needed to get a few groceries so decided to make a day of it and help to keep the economy going in our area. So..after hubby got home from playing his weekly game of horseshoes, showered and dressed we headed out for a late lunch at a favorite restaurant named  "Red's" then drove into Ocala for some real shopping which also promised us some much needed exercise.

There was not much I needed but some things I just wanted so off we went armed with double coupons hitting first Hobby Lobby where I got all but the glue then drove a few blocks over to Michael's. I was looking for some small scrapbook size sewing trinkets that I could add to my daughter's book I am making on the wedding gown construction. Hobby Lobby didn't have a thing that would work and as it turns out neither did Michael's. Not wanting my coupons to go to waste I bought the two bottles of glue.

The little bag in the photo are the wooden hearts I want to add to the back of my ornaments. Tomorrow I will paint them so I can do the writing on them and glue them on and be completely finished with that project.

Usually when I do something I improvise when I don't have everything or the exact thing but being a live streaming video class I was afraid I wouldn't have time to figure out or look for what to substitute. Tonight I went over my list of needed supplies for the class and I am happy to say I now have everything on the list. I am excited!

All in all, at the end of my day I would say it was a productive day as well as a very pleasant day spent with my hubby. The temperature was hot but not extreme as it was yesterday. Before we know it we will be wearing sweaters again.

1 comment:

  1. Darlene, I take great comfort in the way you write about your creative life. You seem to approach everything with a fluidity I long for. If you have a challenge (cost of supplies), you resolve it. You know how to develop your projects over time, as displayed with the wonderful ornaments you are making.

    I struggle with explaining my life, so I tend to write about it metaphorically. Love love love your presence here.

    ReplyDelete