Sunday, September 8, 2013

WEEKEND


The above image is from a class I did and changed my mind about using her. I did a different one for the book but kept this one and have her hanging on my wall watching over me. Keeping me on my toes. 

According to what I was taught the weekend is a day of rest. If that is so how come I am so tired. Seems like I have been on my feet all day running back and forth from computer to printer to studio and then do it all again. But  with all that running back and forth I was able to get all my hearts glued on my ornaments and worked a bit on my wedding dress book. 

For my book pages I decided to go in and down load a different size for the photos. I am working off my daughter's Flickr account and had downloaded all the dress photos in a 'large' size. It dawned on me today that if I did the original size they would be sharper and better and I could change the size when I printed them out. It appears to have worked. A lot of time and ink was wasted by me not knowing enough about computers and such but it is not the first time I have wasted time and ink. Now I have the first few pages of the book done with a poem on the first page and the second and third being a double layout with a fabric swatch taking up space on both pages. I feel good about the day's work.

I have shut my printer down for the evening and will soon be doing the same with my computer. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day of sorting and organizing the stuff from my friend who cleaned out her sewing room. Had planned to have it done by now but life gets in my way once in awhile. Does that ever happen to you?

1 comment:

  1. All the time!!! Love your Angel who watches over you and loved seeing the pics of your wedding book! Mixed media fascinates me. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete