Tuesday, September 17, 2013

LEARN SOMETHING NEW EACH DAY


I have decided my lot in life is to be befuddled by technology  and then out of necessity learn a new lesson each day. 

Today I took several photos of my painting as it progress along and each time I took one I would send it to myself.  On the last one I kept waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox and in never did so I re sent it. I did that twice each time wondering what the little airplane symbol on the top of my cell phone meant. I even resorted to asking my technology illiterate hubby. He knows even less then I do about all the new fangle electronics we have. Finally after much talking and wondering I did what I always do when I want to know something. I Google it. Voila..right there on top of choices it tells me my phone is in airplane mode. Hmmm ..what does that mean I ask myself. So I continue to read and learn my phone can be put in airplane mode and it will allow me to play games but not recieve messages or send messages...I am so happy to know that since I have no intention of flying in the near future and don't play games on my phone. I don't do much with my phone but take photos. A bit of a pricey camera but it is what it is. Now to figure out how to turn off the little airplane. Finally figured that out and now have my photos and now I knew one more thing today  that I did not know yesterday...

All you world travelers and techies can stop laughing now. I still prefer my old fashioned telephone from 1969...It works no matter what and I can actually hear perfectly with it. 

I worked out my flying symbol frustrations with this Zentangle.  It reminds me of a yoga pose. One that I can't do. Maybe it is a reminder that yoga is good for me and if I keep practicing it I will be able to do this pose. 

1 comment:

  1. Great story! Your Zentangles inspire me :)
    I think I attempted that yoga pose this morning!

    ReplyDelete