Thursday, September 19, 2013

LEARNING SOMETHING NEW



I love new ideas and new projects and never get tired of learning. Today I went to my newly formed Alabama Chanin sewing group. We call ourselves that since we are going to focus on perfecting her technique of hand sewing. A combination of applique and reverse applique using knits.

 Months ago I did a small project to see how I would like doing it and I love it.The photo above shows my scarf made with two different recycled t-shirts and a simple leaf design, stitch around, then cut out revealing the underside of the scarf. That is another nice thing about this technique. You can recycle so many pieces of clothing you never thought to ever use again. t-shirts are perfect and can be beautifully pieced together  to get the size needed for your project. 

 Now I just have to decide what piece of clothing I am going to try first. I want to use a pattern I have that I know fits good to make the learning process that much easier  and I have a bin full of tee shirts that I am recycling and repurposing .  I will probably start out with a top to go with a skirt or pants I have already. Later after I am more proficient at it I will tackle a more involved piece of clothing.

After I came home from my meeting I didn't feel like getting started on a new project so sat myself down and did my daily Zentangle. ..a little worm was born...




2 comments:

  1. Your creativity and talent inspire me!!! Love the scarf and the worm :) What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Christine said! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete