Monday, September 30, 2013

ONE SHELF AT A TIME

Today I started my intensive cleanup in my studio. It is such a massive job so I am doing it one section at a time. Today I did the easy but messiest section.Where I sit and do all my work...
Before

Here is a photo of that area. I am not sure how I manage to create such a mess but it gets like this and some times worse with each project. Also I wanted to re- organize my shelves so the things I use most days, like the pencils etc.. are easy to get to and the the other stuff I can't live without is up higher. 
After










The square bottles are from peanut butter pretzels that hubby loves but we can't get any more. I love them for storage since they are square and stack nicely. If the red cap is out it means the bottle is empty . Because they are clear it makes an easy way to find things if I can see what is in them by looking at the bottom. 



Before
.I also got rid of stuff from under the table that was taking up space because I did not bother to return it to it's proper place after using or never put it away in the first place. Like the tub of stuff sent home from hospital when Bob was in there a couple of months back. And the large shoe box from new shoes I talked Bob into buying a month ago. Though the shoe box came in handy to contain all the crayons and pens I have that do not stack nice and were in several little containers.


After
Soon the large brown box will be gone. I am using it to mail the large Pirate doll to my daughter in Washington unless she can tote it with her when she leaves after my grand daughter's wedding in November

     



Garage studio destination


And then of course there is always the stuff to deal with after you clean.  There is the large box of stuff that mostly goes in the garage studio where I do all my smelly work that needs ventilation.


Trash
                                                 






And the two bags of trash that needs to be set out for pick up tomorrow morning.




The next thing I will tackle is the other table top on opposite side of room and all the mess on it...mostly trash or needing to be put away. If I get these two things done in the next couple of days I will be a happy camper.

After all of that work I deserve a day of making art...but will try to not mess up .


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations for all of your good work in organizing your studio! I learn through your process. Am so glad you took the time to photograph and explain.

    ReplyDelete