Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 16

Today my DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE was not real creative but expensive. Our mattress is 19 years old and for a couple of years we have thought we should get a new one but we kept putting it off for one reason or another. Today  I spent a good amount of time researching mattresses so we could get a new one. Mission accomplished. Our new mattress and box springs will be delivered on the 1st between 2:00 and 5:00..Timing is awful. Our daughter and son-in-law arrive in Tampa at 4 in afternoon. Bob is suppose to work from 12:00 to 4:00 on Fridays at the hospital.  Our times all over lap leaving us to do some creative juggling. So.....

Bob will call off work and  wait for mattress to arrive. My grand daughter gets off at 2 so she and I will drive to Tampa to fetch our company at the airport. Then it is getting home and getting our new bed set up and the old one moved to the spare room for company. I have three grand daughters who all want the bed but for now it stays here. The spare room is my sewing studio and my company is mostly my artist friend, Ellen, who comes for an art retreat once in a while and sleeps on a blow up bed. 

After that  I decided to make a giant rose for my granddaughter to carry down the isle so did  some internet research on how to do it and where to get the double crepe paper to make it with. Seems Michaels sells it and after calling, since it is 35 miles away, to make sure they really do have it in stock I will be taking a ride to purchase some. Hopefully they will have a nice ivory color I can use.

Then to add to the confusion my second granddaughter who is a bridesmaid brought her dress over to see if I could alter it for her.  I could but it would be a major job for me and with the wedding a few weeks away we do not have time to fix any mistakes I might make. So instead I am going to see if a friend of mine can do it for her. She is a seamstress and will know exactly how to do it.That will make my life that much less hectic. 

WIP
Finally!
After all that I  and before I had to stop to make dinner I sat and relaxed over a Zentangle.

 I didn't get it finished but will post it with this blog as a WIP and finish it later tonight when all my emails are answered.

3 comments:

  1. Darlene love your zen tangle as is. Looks like a tired but satisfied horn of plenty! I know how shopping for necessities like a mattress isn't that much fun. But mission accomplished! Question....have any of your granddaughters inherited your creativity gene? Have they seen your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zentangle is sort of reminiscent of a woman lying on her side, but seen from behind her. Like a swirly wonderful silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I thought too, Stephanie -- looks like a body on a mattress. Congrats on the new mattress! A foundational imperative for the creative psyche!

    ReplyDelete