Saturday, November 23, 2013

STILL IN SEWING MODE

I am still in the mood to sew and after searching through all my fabric (hard part) and patterns I came up with 4 that I want to make before the end of the year. None of them are difficult but will take time. If I stick with it I should have them finished as planned and I will be sure to take accurate measurements this time so they fit when finished. 

Here is the first one I plan on making since I have this wonderful woven fabric I bought years ago and never used. That was at the end of my quilting days and beginning of my mixed media art days and sewing was not on my agenda at that time. I will need to shop for some lining fabric and matching thread before I cut it out so will drive in to Joann's on Sunday. That way I can get started right away on Monday. I think this is going to be my holiday dinner dress. Maybe Steinmart will be having a nice sale on costume jewelry and I can check while there. Earrings and a bracelet would be about all. Not fond of necklaces.

The neighboring town is having their annual  "Victorian  Festival" this weekend so we are going to drive in and see the festive lights, wander the shoppes and have a bite to eat. It should be fun since the weather is balmy and dry out.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think the earrings and bracelet will be perfect, along with some fun shoes too...nice to extend your artistic eye to your fashion! I envision you pulling off ankle length, flowy dresses, or above the knee with leggings - what do think? :)

    ReplyDelete