Friday, November 22, 2013

FOILED BY LIFE again

Today was not at all like I had envisioned it was going to be when I got out of bed at 5 this morning. It started out pretty okay with only a drizzle to get in the way of walking though by the time we left at 7 it was only a mist. Not enough to prevent us from a brisk morning walk.

After returning from our walk and making plans for our next one on Monday I had coffee, vitamins and breakfast. So far everything is going as planned. Laundry got put in washing machine, Bob got off to his volunteer job which then should have left me a nice long free day to do as I wanted. 

I searched the garage for a box of yarn I knew I had stashed out there and finally found it then came in and finished the tie for the dress, threaded it through the casing and put all the sewing stuff back in their proper place. By now I am really proud of myself. No mess, exercise completed and yarn is waiting for my decision on what to make. After browsing some of my free patterns I just got I decided on a cute cowl collar/ scarf for my daughter in Washington. Sure do not need one around here. So I sat about casting on 52 stitches...end of perfectly planned day.  

Because...

I got a phone call that took the remainder of the day to figure out. My health insurance has dropped my clinic where I get my skin cancer tended to. It is always popping up on my face so do not need quack surgeon to do the work... My surgeon will no longer be in my network after the first of year. Now I need to either find another good one or change to a health program that will have him in it. Took me all day of phone calls along with research on the internet of local doctors and so far have come up with zilch. Also needed to find a new primary care doctor for same reason. Worked on that at same time and came up with two that were acceptable...Then I got a call  from my daughter. 

She called to find out about Thanksgiving  Bob and I had already decided to do something different rather then try to decide which family to spend the day with. We are going to take a road trip on Thanksgiving day.


Wooden boardwalk winding down through heavy forest at Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park.
There is a giant sink hole in Gainesville, Fl that has become a park called  Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park..You can read about it here http://www.floridastateparks.org/devilsmillhopper/ We are going to take a picnic lunch with and make a day of it.  It has a bowl of 120 feet deep with a trail leading down and a rain forest at bottom. Doesn't that sound wonderful...I am most excited to do this since it has been one of the places we wanted to visit since reading about it several years ago.

Now to decide on Christmas. 


  




2 comments:

  1. Love your creative solution to Thanksgiving! It is fun to break with tradition of sitting around a table and do something different! I hear the excitement in your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your hike into the deep...............we were there years ago. Happy Thanksgiving. Ellen

    ReplyDelete