Saturday, January 11, 2014

FINISHING UP

Cobb Salad
Today I spent an inordinate amount of time getting the remainder of my plans in place for my week of non stop intuitive creating coming up starting on Wednesday. I suppose there are those who will ask how can it be intuitive if I am spending so much time planning. Sometimes I ask myself the same thing but that is how I am. 


Fruit and Nut Salad with Chicken


Ellen is interested in staying healthy as I am so I spend time finding healthy food to fix for us. I do this every day but when having company I like to go the extra yard to fix special so I go through all my recipes from the healthy blogs I subscribe to and pick out a variety of fun recipes.


Kale and Chive Muffins
Posted  are some but not all, of the recipes on my menu for the 3 days she will be here. Kale and Chive Muffins, Grilled Prosciutto Peach Salad, Cobb Salad and Fruit and Nut salad with Chicken. There are others but those are the fun ones. 

Then I made a list of all the things I need to get done to be ready for our week of fun and was surprised at how many of them are left to do so made a plan of which day to do what and when. I needed to do this since we have two commitments coming up which will tie up both Monday and Tuesday evenings.



Grilled Prosciutto Peach Salad

Ellen will probably leave on Saturday but my daughter is arriving on that same day to spend a few days playing in paint so I will be doing this all over again come next weekend...

Why? Because I love to cook and entertain. Because around the table or across from each other we relax and let our protective guard down and become ourselves sipping our coffee or tea and munching on goodies...there is no better time or place or way to communicate with each other. We do it in bars, on picnics, in the car or where ever we are we like to break bread with our friends. 

I would like to credit the source of my recipes by saying thank you to Ancestral Chef and Against all Grains. If you have not looked at those two blogs and are interested in eating healthy you are missing out. http://ancestralchef.com/  http://www.againstallgrain.com/

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this looks divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine...especially for making me aware of these blogs I get my recipes from...

      Delete
  2. Darlene I love the way you combine food, art, and friendship! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth..I am glad to see you back...and reading my blogs again... :)

      Delete