Thursday, January 9, 2014

JUST ANOTHER DAY AT HOME

There is always something going on in my home even with out me even trying. Today I tried my new spiralizer and what fun it is. I spiraled a butternut squash to use for spaghetti instead of spaghetti squash though I think next time I will use the smaller spaghetti blade. I have some home made sausages roasting in the oven with onions and green peppers and will serve them with the squash and a red sauce over it..I hope it taste as good as it will look. Need to add a tossed salad to it and dinner is served. Paleo style. 

This is the first time of using it so I need to figure out how to use up the cores that are left. Today I just cut them up and added them to the oven roasting sausages and veggies but think they would work out great in a soup or salad. Well, some of them will be good in a salad. Not so sure about the winter squash.


After getting all the squash dealt with I decided to make some visual inspirational cards for my painting retreat coming up soon. Also since the painting is going to happen in my garage which is not the most cheerful place in the world I thought it would be fun to have them printed on card stock and hanging from ribbons from the ceiling..Bob will hang them for me come Tuesday afternoon. 




Then, so I do not have to have my book laying around getting messed with paint I made cards of ideas from the book on what to do with your fingers, thin bristle brushes and foam brushes, marking tools, spray bottles and rags...

We will be starting on Wednesday so I need to get the garage nice and cleaned up and arranged for two of us...later there will be more when my daughter and her friends arrive..that will be on Saturday by lunch time..

All that is left to do is gesso my two plywood panels so they are ready to go on Wednesday morning and figure out lunches and dinners for the time I am having company. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Daniel, Thanks for the message...and for following my blog...

    ReplyDelete