Wednesday, January 1, 2014

NEW YEAR'S DAY 2014

Wow...who would have thunk it! 

Today I am starting a brand new year with brand new goals and aspirations but before I think of them I want to drop any and all negative thoughts and happenings of the past year. And there were many. But that is over and past and I will not lug them into my wonderful, sparkly (thank you Christine) and prosperous new year. Prosperous in many ways, not just financial. Though that would be nice too but not necessary for my happiness and contentment. so...here goes...My New Year's Resolutions...



PHYSICAL SELF! I have not paid much attention to my health this past 70 plus years for various reasons. Mostly I did not want to take time out to pay attention so I neglected it tremendously. But I have a good friend who is caregiver of her sister in law who did not take care of herself so now is dependent on others to do it for her. Reading and listening to the things my friend has and is going through because of SIL's neglect of her body has brought it to the forefront of my awareness. It has been pounded in like a nail...Exercise and pay attention to physical self and then exercise some more! SO! Foremost of my goals for this new year is going to be my health. I belong to a gym and will take full advantage of it most days a week. I will work my self into being healthy as the alternative is unacceptable.

That is my physical self now for the other of my selves  that I am responsible for.



MENTAL SELF! *I will try to keep a good mental attitude and not let negatives invade my sparkly year. Short but to the point...




CREATIVE SELF! *I will work on finishing up my book of  my poetry so I can make copies for my 4 children as gifts a year from now. *Finish up my wedding dress book I started and got too involved and did not finish on time. *Do at least one planned out door art project each month of the cool weather since I melt in hot and stay indoors. *Learn one new couture sewing technique and do one new sewing project each quarter of the year. Either hand or machine sewing. *Do at least 2 art retreats with friend(s) in the coming year.


***I will do something every day that is creative even if it is just to make a good and pretty dinner for Bob and I.


EMOTIONAL SELF! *I will stop being so sensitive to everything and know somethings are not important enough to give them a second of my thoughts.

ORGANIZATIONAL SELF!  I will stop obsessing on making sure everything and body is organized. I will just enjoy what I have and who I am with and let life take care of it's self.



This may all sound ordinary to most people but it is what I want for the new year. I am sure I will add to my list and may for reasons unknown at this time have to remove something but for now it is what it is.


 Thank you Ruth for the excellent mantra I adopted from you. Not bad, not good, just is!

2 comments:

  1. Love your clarity and joyful ness Darlene as you write out your sparkly envisioning for 2014. Our health is so important; I'd venture to say that we cannot be creative without it. My question is how can we go about creatively supporting our health? You inspire me by your determination to go the gym and see what else you can do to ensure your physical well being. Good luck in all you endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right of course Ruth. If we are not healthy we can't be creative so health is the key to most everything. Just being here and knowing you are here gives me support beyond belief so onward and up ward with our goals for the year...it is going to be interesting to see how life unfolds for both of us.

      Delete