Saturday, June 14, 2014

MONDAY FUNDAY BLOG PROMPT #12: SIGNS OF SUMMER


Trish asked us to do post on Summer related photos or anything we wanted related to summer...I live in Florida so summer to me is the least desirable time of year...We have bugs, heat, humidity and storms. The storms I like the most. I love when the clouds swirl overhead and the rain bombards us with drops the size of bullets: and if you go outside it feels like you are getting pelted with bb's...Did I say I love the storms? Sometimes the thunder is so loud you can not hear yourself think. The poor dog runs for cover or cowers and tries to climb onto your lap for protection and solace. Then the rain stops, the heat builds up until you feel like you are in a sauna. That is summer in Florida.

But also, as in many other areas, summer includes swimming and BBq's... and beautiful sunsets. Here are some photos of summer...











2 comments:

  1. looks like you are enjoying some summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, I love your line: "the rain bombards us with drops the size of bullets: and if you go outside it feels like you are getting pelted with bb's…". My son's dog, Sugar, is terrified of thunder…they give him a tranquilizer sometimes when the storms are long and loud! I've been on call a time or two with Sugar and have just made it over there in time to have her sit in my lap and stay calm through it. Your sky photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete