Wednesday, June 18, 2014

MONDAY FUNDAY BLOG PROMPT #13: THE SOLSTICE AND NOTING CHANGE


This week Denise ask us to reflect on what has happened since the last winter solstice and what our aspirations are by the next winter solstices

Wow...lots of things have transpired in my life since last solstice in December  2013.  I am celebrating having more time to do what I want.  I dropped out of my Altered Minds art group and filled my time with sewing and some art projects I wanted to do but put off.  I tend to be hermit like so I am trying to find outside activities to join in but so far I have not found any that appeal to me. We are soon to become a one car family so I have to take that into consideration when looking. 



...CELEBRATING...

Art
Exercising

Sewing

...CHANGES...

Decluttering


I will know when I have succeeded in my quest to declutter when I no longer feel like I am drowning in stuff

...TO DO LIST... 
(Things I want to finish by years end)

Wedding book
Life Book 2013
Trip to see daughter in Washington
Finish that damn hand sewn tee shirt

There are other things I want to do but these are the ones nagging at me far too long.


...CHALLENGES...

 The biggest challenge in my life,  in everything I do,  is to learn to let go. Physically, mentally and emotionally. 


********************
Continuing with the theme of changing seasons, at the end of this week we will celebrate the June 2014 solstice.
I invite us to think back six months ago to the last solstice, December 2013.
What has happened in this period that you would like to celebrate? What has happened in this period that you wish had been different? Is there anything else significant you'd like to mention?
Now think forward to the next solstice, December 2014.
What do you hope to accomplish between now and then? How will you know you've achieved success? What will it look like? What challenges do you anticipate? How will you help yourself over them?
Answer all, some or none of these questions. Perhaps the simple theme of 'change' resonates with you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment