Sunday, December 2, 2012

Today's word...Obsession

My word for the day is 'obsession. I have become obsessed. As I was sitting last night trying to log all the food I ate and exercise/activities I did during the day and having just read all the medical/diet newsletters telling me the best thing for my health is get more exercise I realized I had spent 2 hours on my computer. Hours that I could have spent doing things I want to do or hours I could have spent getting more exercise. I know how much a portion is, I can read labels telling me how many calories I am eating, I know what "my plate' looks like, I have a good scale to weigh myself with and in 2 hours I can walk 6 miles. I think walking just 2 miles would be more helpful to me then eternal logging of information. My scales will let me know loud and clear if I have screwed up though I will have known it already. So as of today, I am unsubscribing to all the diet sites, medical sites and exercise advise sites. I will spend an extra hour walking or going for a bike ride, an extra hour creating some art or reading a book. Time much better spent rather then logging into a diet site...and if there is a medical issue I want to know more about I can 'Google" it...

No comments:

Post a Comment