Monday, December 10, 2012

#reverb12 Day 10: Your greatest risk?

What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?



A "Uniquely Yours" workshop in my home

I think my greatest risk was to agree to lead the two sewing groups I started in January 2012. Leading the group was not the risky part but leading a group and doing workshops of techniques I knew nothing about. It was suppose to be a learning experience for me along with the others. And I said up front I was not going to teach but to facilitate the group only, As it turned out I had to figure out the technique we were going to learn, then teach myself how to do it so I could in turn teach the group. Then mid way through the year I changed our place to meet because of the interference of customers and lack of respect, from the owner of the shop, for the fact we were having a class not a gab fest. Then , because finding a place to meet where we did not have to pay out a lot of money and could make messes was impossible. I could not find such a place so we started meeting on my home which meant I had to move furniture around, set up tables and host the group once a month. That was very hard.I did learn a lot during the year but it was not as I envisioned it to be. Very stressful and very time consuming. I can only say I am glad now it is now over as of the last workshop in December. Now I can move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment