Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AUGUST MOON '13 Day 1



August Moon 

 Intentions

I wrote this poem a few years ago and it seems so fitting to use it  on the first day of our BLUE MOON challenge 

MY WISH FOR ME

This is my year to be selfish,
to do what comes to my mind.
This is what would be my wish
if I could have a wish of any kind.

I've always dreamt of having a space
to spend time creating my art.
One I can call my very own place
from life and troubles apart.

No laundry to do, no meals to cook
no demands to be made on my time.
A place to curl up with a good book
or a table to pen a new rhyme.

Telephones and cell phones would be taboo,
no television would ever come on.
I would welcome a friend to stop in for a brew
as long as by sundown they were gone.

With pencil and pen I would write and draw
or a brush in my hand would paint.
With only my muse to critique the flaws
I would never listen to a complaint.

From artist clay I would sculpt a bust.
With machine a quilt I would sew.
Nothing would ever collect dust
now my creative juices are a flow.

I never cared about fortune or fame
only the ideas that fill my psyche.
I don't care if any one remembers my name
this is just a wish made for me.

Darlene Sperber
June 2, 2010
 “How have you treated yourself this year? Have you kept your intentions?
 I have created space to work on the things that interest me, a place to do art, a place to sew and a place to have quiet time to myself so I have treated my creative self very well and most of the time my emotional self has been well taken care of but I have not been good to my physical self. I have spent too much time reading about what is good for me and what to do to stay healthy but not enough time actually following through with the good intentions of eating right and exercising. I have learned reading about it just does not cut it.

So yes, for the most part I have treated myself good but no, I have not kept all my intentions. This is changing. I am removing myself from many organizations that are zapping my time and energies with no satisfaction coming from them and prioritizing my wants and needs so in the coming year I will be better able to keep my intentions and reach my goals. I am doing more of what makes me happy!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic poem, Darlene! Let's all say YES to more of what makes us happy... for the rest of the year and forever.
    So excited you're joining us for August Moon.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene! You surprised me with a separate blog called "Words"! A nice surprise to find this poem and to read about you in a different way. I am in awe of all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this -- "my year to be selfish"! We far too often feel guilty for wanting time to ourselves. Yes, be selfish and enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete