Sunday, December 9, 2012

#reverb12 Day 9: Your favorite book?



What was the best book you read in 2012, and why? (And by "Why?" I mean: Why did you read it? And why was it your favorite? Although these answers could be one and the same...!)

"Mexican Cross"
Encaustic on plaster 
Plaster on burlap


I did a lot of reading last year, more then I have done in the past few years but nothing memorable that I can think of. I can't even remember the authors or names of the books. I know I read a lot of spy novels and crime novels but I am hard pressed to be able to say why other then it was a nice diversion from what I had been doing. I didn't have to think...just read...

I also bought a lot of books and magazines on art and sewing and read all of them at least once and I have a list of books to purchase from Amazon now as soon as I can make up my mind on which one. The one I had the most fun with was a Michael DeMeng book on assemblage. I love reading how he manages to put so many strange and weird things together and have them turn out so interesting. I did one assemblage in his style and love it and have one more of that type in mind to do soon.


Plaster with melted crayons
Plaster on stiffened muslin  with acrylic paint


Another favorite of my books that I bought and read is a book on plaster art. After I received that one I had an art retreat with Ellen and we spent several days playing in plaster and making messes.This is the art that came out of that 3 days of playing and making messes. I love each and every one of them have them all hanging on my walls.


I was very happy with the Michael DeMeng art project I did and will post a photo of it later when I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment