Friday, August 30, 2013

AUGUST MOON DAY 10

August Moon 

If you had one wish – guaranteed to be fulfilled by the end of 2013 – what would it be?


I have tried  to think of only one wish for myself  that would be guaranteed to be granted but if I truly could have anything I wanted here is what it would be.

IF I AM ALLOWED

If I am allowed only one freedom, let it be freedom of thought;
for then I will never be in bondage.

If I am allowed only one teacher, let him be wise;
for with wisdom all things are possible.

If I am allowed only one feeling, let it be love;
for then I too will be loved.

If I am allowed only one companion, let him have compassion;
for then I will learn to be compassionate.

If I am allowed only one vision, let it be a rainbow;
for then I will know the glory of all Gods colors.

If I am allowed only one touch, let it be that of a baby;
for then I will know life goes on.

If I am allowed only one gift, let it be a book;
for then I will have the knowledge of others.

If I am allowed only one weapon, let it be words;
for they are the most powerful instrument on earth.

If I am allowed only one smell, let it be the earth after a rainfall;
for then I will know there is a place for me.

If I am allowed only one sound, let it be a bird singing;
for then I will know life is beautiful.

If I am allowed only one hatred, let it be of ignorance;
for then we will all be equal.

If I am allowed only one desire, let it be to pass on what I have learned;
for then I will know why I am here.  
Darlene Sperber
    

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are here and passing on what you have learned! You do it so well and lovingly and poetically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if I am allowed one answer, let it be YES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful this is. I have really enjoyed your poetry this August Moon.

    ReplyDelete