Friday, August 30, 2013

AUGUST MOON Day 11




August Moon
Celebrate

Meredith & Kat write:

Thank you for journeying with us through this magical time! We've been so grateful for all of you, especially those of you who have shared your musings over here at August Moon 13 HQ.

Today, we'd like you to find a small way to celebrate all you have summoned and all you have leaned into and all that you manifested over the past ten days. It could be a quiet walk in nature, a tiny talisman purchased to represent your dreams going forward, a confidence in a trusted friend.

Whatever it is, please take the time to honour your courage and creativity as you planted the seeds for a flourishing future.


Thank you Kat and Meredith for offering this challenge to write a little about our lives, feelings, creativity, courage and aspirations for our futures. I have enjoyed reading the writing of others that posted for all to see and especially have been inspired by their thoughts and dreams during this magical  time of our 'blue moon'. I have learned I am not alone in the negative thoughts that have plagued me my whole life and appreciate the insights I have gleaned by reading other's blogs.

For 11 days, I have created the habit of writing each night and hope to keep up with my blog. Even if it is just a word or two to encourage me to leave behind all the negatives in my life and continue on this positive path I have embarked on. A year from now I hope to be able to go back and  read of the things I wrote and know I have followed through with them.

I don't know yet how I am going to celebrate but it will come to me in due time and when it does I will enjoy every moment of it. Whether it be a small celebration with only myself or one I share is yet to be learned. In the meantime I will move forward and continue on my path to a 'flourishing future'.

Where Did She Come From

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
As I peer in the mirror who is that I see?
I looked really close thinking it was a mistake
for it wasn't the young woman I thought was me.
Looking back was an old woman in a body that aches.

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
How did she manage to take over my life?
It seemed like only yesterday
I took a vow and became a young wife.
Now look at me all wrinkled with hair turned grey.

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
Who never seems to feel complete?
Always wanting to be where she is not.
Though she loves a man who is so sweet
she still dreams of a life she never got.

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
With fingers that hurt when they have to bend
as she tries to do the things she loves best.
Having to say goodbye to another good friend
yet knowing she has truly been blest.

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
Who once dreamed of a life sailing the high seas
though with him by her side she is fulfilled and content.
Now when she looks in the mirror she feels quite at ease
knowing he sees only the young bride for who he was meant.

Where did she come from this old woman who's me?
She comes from her past,  a past full of dreams.
Those lines in her face show her hopes, her happiness,
her sadness and despair. A life fulfilled and always it seams
a life held precious.
That's where she came from, this old woman who looks back at me.

Darlene Sperber

1 comment:

  1. I think your wonderful words are a glorious celebration in themselves!
    Thank you so much for sharing your marvellous musings during August Moon, Darlene. It's been a privilege to share the journey with you.
    Stay in touch.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete