Tuesday, August 27, 2013

AUGUST MOON Day 7

August Moon Day
Opportunity

What once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity(ies) came your way so far?

I have been thinking about this blog all day and finally came up with an opportunity I never thought I would get to do. It was on my bucket list but like so many things I have on there I know in my heart I will not get to do them. But this one happened last May. My daughter and son in law gave us, Bob and I , a ride in a hot air balloon.
All aboard!

Here we are getting loaded up. We had the largest hot air balloon in the USA with 24 people in our basket. There are no doors to open so you can just step in. You have to climb over the top with no hand holes. Since everyone was so considerate and we were probably the oldest people in the basket  I got to be the first one in...How not fun that was but I made it. Ungracefully.... 

We are laughing at how funny it was to see me trying to get in the basket. What a sight to behold.
Firing up the jets
 We are getting ready for lift off. The jets are going full blast and the balloon is starting to rise.

Lift off
Great view from up here
Coming in for a landing
All too soon it is over


Touchdown

And an hour later it was over but the ride was incredible and the weather was perfect. Then followed a lovely buffet breakfast since we had to get started at 5 in morning. After that we spent the weekend in Orlando just having fun and going to places I have not been. It was a wonderful time. 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh! That is one of my dreams too!
    Thank you for sharing, I am looking forward to it even more now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! It's on my bucket list too. :)

    ReplyDelete