Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BELLY DANCING AND FUNKY DOLLS

More than great day!


My day started at 5 this morning and is just now winding down.  I wound down a while ago. Today was my Altered Minds meeting and to get there on time I need to get out of bed at 5:00. I have time then to drink coffee, stretch my limbs and get a shower so I can be on the road at 8:00...no later. It is about 70 miles one way so I can get through all the school zones and arrive at my friend Ellen's home in time to check out her newest art project and acquisitions.  She is a yard sale shopper and this week she got me an outdoor sink for my outdoor studio. It is a laundry sink but will work great out doors. Now to get it hooked up and usable by the time I open that studio for the winter. Needless to say I am excited about having it. I won't have to bend over the water faucet with the hose when washing a brush or cleaning a pot of concrete. 

Now what do 'funky dolls'  have to do with anything. The photo above is one I took is so I can remember how to make this particular doll. I want it for my Life Book 'mascot' so to speak. One of my friends had it today and I loved it with all the affirmations and words of encouragement hanging from of it. Another project to do when the weather is not conducive to working outside.

And that is not the end of my great day. I love all the artful gals I have in my life. Both on FB through Ruth, my Altered Minds group through Ellen and my Special Interest Sewing group with ASG. Now I am hoping to add a new group to my life that will insure more exercise for me and some fun along with it.

Call me crazy but Patty, of Daily Creative Practice, has inspired me to join in a free belly dancing group that meets once a month not too  far from my home. If it turns out to be a good idea at my age and in my condition and after trying it for free I may go ahead and join a Belly Dancing troupe..of course I need to at least learn the basics. What a lot of fun this is going to be. 

And my good day doesn't end there. Along with the belly dancing I am going to attend a drum circle that meets in my neighborhood every month. That is another event I have been wanting to do. I will take my hubby along the first time and if he is not interested in going again I will go alone. Who knows I may end up dancing around the bonfire.

After leaving the meeting and all the good things that happened there we, Ellen and I , drove over to another friend who just bought the house next door and is going to be moving into it as soon as it is ready. She wanted to get rid of some things so I became the new owner of 4 beautiful ceramic flower pots, a cool rusty bird cage complete with a tired looking bird and a pretty blue glass totem she made and no longer wants. I will hang the bird cage in my "ugly tree." Ugly Tree you ask! That might have to be the subject of a new blog.

I got home about 6 this evening and hubby, knowing how tired I was suggested we go out for a Mexican dinner. He didn't have to twist my arm but did have to wait for me to have a much needed cup of coffee.

My eyes were bigger then my stomach so I brought home most of my dinner. Tomorrow we will have fajitas for dinner. 

End of a wonderful but tiring day!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah to Belly Dancing and Drumming Circles!!! I would love to join you if I lived close :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have your join me if you lived close...We can do our dancing together in our consciousness...

      Delete
  2. I would love to be your neighbor Darlene and be able to make some of these things with your encouragement. I don't sew but I would like to make one of these funky dolls. I attended a drum circle several times and loved it but then the woman who had this big drum that we all sat around decided not to have us over any more. Your writing about it now reminds me that I need to do that again. And the belly dancing....I'm giggling....that is something I have wanted to do too. What is making you do these things now? By the way, I am so grateful for the Altered Minds group....that is where I met you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have you for a neighbor Ruth...and would love to teach you some of the things I know how to do...The funky dolls are easy...If you will send me your mailing address I will make you a set and send them to you so you can embellish them how ever you want...it will be my birthday gift to you. send it to my email address...darsperber@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete