Monday, September 9, 2013

TYING UP LOOSE ENDS and chicken bones



Chicken bone waiting to be used in an art project...

Getting It All Together

Today was a day of getting odds and ends finished and gathering up my supplies for a workshop at my Altered Minds group tomorrow morning. 

First thing on my agenda for the day was to get the stuff that was given to me when a friend downsized sorted and dealt with. Since I already have enough stuff to sink a battle ship and then some I kept hardly none of the 'stuff'...Instead I divided it up into a bag of nice large pieces of fabric and will give them to the quilt guilds and senior centers that do charity work. 

The second bag will go with me to my meeting tomorrow as it is ruffles and trims and can be used for our workshop. Whatever is left over will go to the thrift store with a member who works there. 

The third bag is yarn and will be given to the gals in the art group who do knitting and crocheting and if they don't take it it also will go to the thrift store.

Now don't worry, I did not leave me out. I kept a basket full of beads. For someone who does not bead I sure am accumulating a lot of them. But they do not take up a lot of room so I don't feel too bad about keeping them. 

After getting all that done and packed in my car and my hubby's car, he will take the fabric bags to groups, I started work on my keepsake book. The one about the wedding dress. Got a lot done on it. Five pages which may not seem so much but it took me a good part of the day to get that far. I have to down load and print out the photographs first, the cut them apart and then figure out how to arrange them on the page and then of course glue them down to finish the page. My next step in that project is to do the lining part of the dress. Eventually I will get to the gown itself. 

Last of the day was to gather up all y stuff to take to my art group meeting tomorrow. I have several show and tells and a class next month so I am taking the samples I made...All in all it was a very productive day and I am pleased with it. 

2 comments: