Wednesday, September 11, 2013

PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, FRUSTRATION and FedX



Smart TV's

What do you do when you get a TV that is smarter than you are? You  persevere! Then after the perseverance has not helped and your patience has come to an end and frustration sets in you stop, take a deep breath and have a cup of coffee and sit back and relax and complain to your ever patient hubby, who is no help at all since he still can't get the TV turned off without hitting the wrong button....and  then you pick yourself up and try again.  

As I wrote before, my friend and I are taking the live streaming painting class this Friday and I thought since I have this wonderful 'Smart TV' that we could watch it on the TV instead of my small laptop computer. To do this I needed to get logged into Facebook (I think) on the TV and could not get passed the sign in link. It kept telling me my email was not recognized...I checked and rechecked and finally got that correct and then it said my password was incorrect...I am sure everyone has gone through this at least one time with a password. It doesn't help that you can't see the password so you have no idea why it is incorrect...Finally, thinking I had lost all memory of my FB password  I went to FB on my computer and logged out and then put in a wrong one so they would send me a link to change it. Which I did. Now my 'Smart' (assed) TV does not like anything I put in. Not the email or new password. 

It is time for lunch so I stop, thinking maybe a nice break and some brain food will help. It didn't! Tried coffee again and that didn't help either other then me needing more bathroom breaks.

Since Facebook is so uncooperative,  I decided to get my computer coordinated with my Smart TV and perhaps then I can get something productive going. So...following the prompts I do as it says. I have to download an app from the support center for my TV or my computer..never figured out which..and tried both... but when I go there all I can see to down load is the manual which I have scoured from front to back with no help coming from any of those pages. There were other things I could down load.  Like stuff for my washing machine, my dryer, my mobile, (not sure what mobile they were talking about)...maybe my auto(mobile) or perhaps I need something downloaded for my spaceship. That is about how it went.

Now it is time for dinner.

After dinner and before cleaning up the dishes I decided to again try to get Facebook on my TV so brought up the internet.  Figure again how to scroll around, got over to the login page for Facebook and started the login procedure with my old email address, my new password and finally after all day of messing around with my time saving devices I was able to see my home page pop up. 

Okay, now do I want to stay logged in or do I want to log out and go through all of that again. There was a place to save my password but I never could get to it so I decided to stay logged in. 

Now with great trepidation I closed out the internet, went to regular programming and then to see if I could get back in easily. I  went back on the internet and viola... right at the top of the page was a Facebook logo so I clicked on it and was back on my homepage.  I will keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope I do not have to go through that again. 

I just love my Smart TV.

And I love FedX as it brought my new paints today. Right on time. Hurray for FedX and internet shopping! Now I am set for Friday's class.

And because I love internet shopping so much I ordered a Zentangle book for myself. Why! Because after the day I have had I deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Geez Louise you have patience! Can't wait to find out how your online class goes! Congratulations for staying your ground with that smart TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I have had a couple of those days and I love that it ended well! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you ordered yourself a Zentangle book!!!

    ReplyDelete