Thursday, September 12, 2013

ORIGAMI FLOWERS AND STUDIOS

Studios

Art Studio (before cleaning up)

Today was a shopping day again. Seems like that is all I have done lately but I am almost finished and ready for the weekend. The food is purchased, many dishes are prepared in advance and now I just need to look for some books I have on origami flower folding. Oh, I also had to clean up my studio and get it ready for the flower folding with Ellen on Saturday.

                                                            Art Studio (after cleaning up)

I have 4 studios and one of them is in the garage. This is where I do a lot of messy work that can't be done indoors.I can back the car out and then have the whole garage to play in. It is where Ellen and I do a lot of our creating when she comes for an art retreat at my house. Usually hubby is there to help us with the grunt work like cutting wire baskets apart for altered art pieces, providing tools we may need and of course is always willing to help us clean up afterwards. Yes, he is a keeper. His work area is the opposite side of garage.

Garage Studio

I have two more studios to work in. One is a sewing studio/guest room with blow up bed and the other is my outdoor studio where I work in winter on messy outdoor projects like concrete work. I will wait and do a post on those two studios after I get my new/recycled sink hooked up for my out door studio.

Talked a bit with my daughter about the catering of my grand daughter's wedding reception and ironed a few details out with that and then made an angel food cake for dessert this weekend. Strawberries are frozen and just need to be thawed and sweetened and we will have some short cake with it one night.

We dropped our membership in Sam's Club because we thought we were spending too much money driving to and from. It is about 35 miles one way and we try to go only every 4 to 6 weeks. Today, after having to pay outrageous prices for fruit and veggies I decided we are re-joining Sam's. I can get twice the amount for the same price on fresh produce and many other items. And as long as I make the trip coordinated with other shopping and lunch out with hubby it is easy to rationalize the amount for gas.

Time now to get dinner started...








1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely! Four studios!I had to check! Yup, you have four studios! What a lucky woman you are!

    I find comfort in reading about your day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete