Monday, October 14, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 14

I have had a busy 4 days and it is almost time to post and didn't want to miss a day so here is a picture essay of Columbus Day at my daughter's.

While Deb and I sewed all day, Bob pulled all the weeds from her little garden bordering her pool and  my son in law cooked us the most wonderful dinner. This is the end of the day celebration of all 3 of our birthdays combined. Joining us was my grandson and granddaughter and their significant others. 

Even though we worked  our butts off  the last four days have been wonderful. The wedding dress is coming along  nicely and will be finished a few days sooner than anticipated because of what we accomplished over the last few days. 

Celebration

The Meal
Cheeseless Risotto

Green beans

Braised Duck Breast in Grape Sauce
The Chef
Stan

Wine tasting
Educating the young guest

The host and hostess
Deb, (daughter) & Stan (son-in-law)

The Guest


Grandson Jason & Krista, his fiancee


Soon to be

Bride and Groom

Grand daughter, Stephanie & Fiance Soner

Last but not least

Bob, enjoying it all!

3 comments:

  1. Darlene, it is so nice seeing your family together. How wonderful you must feel to see your grandchildren with their future spouses. By the way, is Doner Turkish? I taught a lot of students from Turkey and I think that is a Turkish name. Look forward to seeing the wedding dress when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've finally figured this out... What a nice meal this is. Everything looks so good. I've never had the duck dish... looks yummy. It's great to have such wonderful cooks in the family. Deb, you and I are both lucky to have our guys doing such a good job feeding us. And I know from experience that you're pretty good at it too, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete