Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 23

Today was just one of those days. It started out great with a cool morning almost requiring a sweater and only got better after that. I ventured into my garden yard to see how it looked after the hot summer. Had to run back and get my camera so I could get a picture of  a flower growing out of our palm tree.  We have these flowers growing nearby  so I guess a nice bird or industrious squirrel carried the necessary ingredients up to the palm to get it growing. Looks as good as any in the garden and is blooming even better. 







While out there with the camera I captured this Golden Orb spider trying to wrap a moth for future dining. I disturbed him and he went scurrying up his web. It amazes me at how fast they can travel when in a hurry to escape. Eventually I captured him coming back down to finish the job. We have several of these spiders in the foliage around the lanai and enjoy watching them spin their daily web of intrigue.
The best though, was a couple of years ago one made a web just outside our dining room window so we had a front row seat to his antics. That was fun to have a spider dine with us.

Along with perfect weather my inside activities also turned out pretty good. I was able to get all the odds and ends of the room switcheroo put in place with easy access to whatever I need with only one minor task needing to be completed. I need the extension ground fault to be attached to the wall so I can plug in my sewing machine and light. Then my sewing area will be ready to use again.

Right after lunch I called to make reservations for my daughter to swim with the manatees while visiting and was successful in finding a "Groupon" coupon for a 2.5 hour swim for only $20 dollars which is less than half price. And got the reservations on the exact day I needed them and with the company that had good customer reviews. Another small part of my good day. 

Then to cap the day off and because I love to shop via the internet I was able to get a good deal on sale priced top quality sheets and pillows for my new bed. They will arrive a few days before the bed and,  it was the last day of 'free shipping' at Belk's. 

Dinner is over now and I need to do some art before the day is over with. A little doodling is in order.  It has been a perfect day with perfect weather, no humidity to speak of allowing me to keep my doors and windows open all day. Soon it will be time to put a blanket on the bed but not yet. 


2 comments:

  1. Ah Darlene! I hear a soundtrack to your blog today...it is a cool breezy jazz where you feel like you are floating on a cloud. You seemed to move about your day in a breeze of happiness and satisfaction. Thanks for sharing your life. I would love to swim with the manatees. Have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely did Ruth..today not so great..but it is early...

      Delete