Thursday, October 24, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 24

I am not sure how this month got away from me and I got behind in getting my task done but it did. Today I realized I have one week left to get all the flowers finished for the wedding on the 5th. My daughter arrives next Friday and I know I will need to be finished before she arrives. So today, instead of working on an art project I was all set to do I worked on making flowers. 

I made one more large tissue flower using all the colors of the bridesmaids and maid of honor first. It was the easiest and went together easily. This will be the bouquet the bride tosses to the waiting hopefuls. I don't think she will want to give up her giant rose and besides it might impale one of the girls with the long stem. The tissue one will work great.

After that I put together a small flower for the brides step mom but didn't like it so tomorrow will be a do over day for that one but...I did get another small rose done for the mother of the bride who died when she was a wee girl. The bride can use it like a 'missing man formation' by putting it on the guest of honor chair or she can carry it along with the giant one she is carrying  or she can leave it out completely. It is her choice. I just wanted her to have the option of having a choice. 

Bob and I shopped for flowers for the garden and the pots in the front of house. I choose he plants. That is the way it works around here. I do not like working in the garden other then the planing and admiring  part of it. I never have. There are only 4 pots planted and tomorrow is a work day for Bob so I think the remainder of the flowers will be done on Saturday unless Bob feels like doing them when he gets home from his volunteering job at the hospital. 

The only other accomplishment I got done today was to finish sewing up the blouse my daughter started, tried it on and decided it did not like me. I love the idea of the style but not the fabric she chose. This was a trial garment meant to be for fitting the pattern correctly but we thought if finished I could actually get some use from it. I won't but some lovely person at the homeless shelter will. And we shall try it again with different fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Darlene! You live such a LARGE life of love and activity. The flowers are marvelous! How caring of you to make a flower for the bride's deceased mother....lovely! I used to garden a lot and loved getting dirty...in fact, I didn't feel I had garden if I wasn't just totally ensconced in garden dirt. Now, I have issues...don't know why but the gardening won't get done by my hubby because he just doesn't really do that kind of thing. I love the blouse!

    ReplyDelete