Saturday, October 26, 2013

BLOGTOBER FEST 2013 DAY 26

Today seems to be a day of respite for me. No flowers to make, no tangle to finish and only the mundane chores to do. The ones that come with being a mom, grandmom and wife and artist. I had to re arrange my newly organized shelf in my sewing room. When I went to print out a document and discovered my printer was not plugged in where I had placed it and the only way to plug it in was to place the surge protector multiply outlet on top of my sewing machine...worked just fine for this printing job but knew I needed to make yet more changes...so...I reversed where everything was and now my books are on the other side and printer is on opposite side where the plug easily reaches down to my outlet...Problem solved.

My new king size sheets and pillows arrived with the mail today and now I need to wash the sheets before using. I never used to think about that and always liked using something brand new before washing it. Now that I am older and wiser (smiling) I imagine all the hands that touched it, all the floors it lay on while being made and all the bugs and vermin that are in all factories so now I wash first. Bob tells me I am becoming obsessed and maybe I am but that is the way it is.


I have faith that my new mattress will arrive on time Friday so I am washing the bed linens that will accompany the old bed into the guest room so they are nice and fresh for my company's arrival on Friday afternoon. In doing so I realized I need more 'stuff'. There's that word again..."Stuff"! The nemesis of my life. But I need a new mattress and pillow covers for the new bed,  a bed spread of some kind and a blanket that will fit the whole bed. I have a nice king size quilt I made for our bed but I do not like sleeping under it. It is too heavy so perhaps I will use it for the spread for now...Unless I find something tomorrow...and the sheets came with 4 king size pillowcases...it was the only set that came that way. King size pillows are too big so I bought queen/regular and now I just will sew the cases smaller...

Tomorrow we are taking the day off to gather up what we need at stores in another city. Our area has nothing to shop in unless you want to add to Walmart's coffers a little more. I don't and even though it is hard to find any decent merchandise made in our country we try. I will give Walmart credit...I do hear good things about them bringing in more "Made in the USA". So far our mattress and sheets are made in the USA so we will look for the remainder of what we need to be made here.

Bob is busy planting the remainder of our flowers and we know we will need flowers for 4 more pots but will wait for Monday to get them. We have a local mom and pop nursery here that we like and try to give all our business to.

And now to cap the day off we are attending a Mystery Dinner Theater with our son and his wife as a gift for our combined birthdays. I have always wanted to do this so it is going to be such fun. Especially since it is audience participation. I was told to dress casual and to be prepared to "lose my shirt."...I wonder what will happen if I wear a dress....Speaking of dress...I best get dressed or I won't have a shirt to lose...


No comments:

Post a Comment