Monday, November 18, 2013

A LIST FOR SANTA BABY(not)

Today I traveled with my sewing group to several boutiques to do a little browsing and, if we so desired,  to shop for the holidays. I didn't do any shopping but did find a few things I am putting on my list for Santa Baby. These are items I just do not think I can do with out. 


Here is the first thing on my Santa Baby list. A bra made of seashells.  Just what the well endowed matronly figure needs for the holidays.




Then I found this lovely little shirt to wear over the seashell bra. Love the feathers on the bottom as well as all the beautiful fake diamonds cascading down the front. They help cover drips from eating. And, with the feathers on bottom and if I tug it down a bit it is long enough to cover all the important parts. Well, almost.






Then after all that shopping my feet were feeling a little tired so thought these fur covered flip flops were just the ticket...at $80.00 a pair I thought I might get several pairs in different colors and furs.




After shopping the high end boutiques we had lunch at the Highland Cafe in Crystal River where I enjoyed a curry chicken salad on a bed of Romaine lettuce and fresh fruit. Oh my goodness it was wonderful.

From there we headed over to the local thrift stores to see what they had. Of course after all the browsing we just finished this was a tad tame on the pocket book. One member of the group found a handful of silk men's ties for a nominal 0.50 each. She has a design in mind for a dress made of all silk ties. A couple of the girls bought tees to be used in a class we are doing in December but again I did not buy anything. 

I did come home with a splitting headache from  the shops with strong odors of perfumed candles and soaps and the old stores with dust and mold in the walls and floors. It is nothing new... happens to me all the time. By the time I got home it was almost gone and the cup of strong coffee took care of what remained.

All in all it was a nice relaxing day out with friends doing what friends do. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Glad it was time to "slow down and get back to normal". Funny, Tami and I did some thrift stores this week-end too. Must be in the air. And, can I put these on a list of ideas for Mom/Grandma for Christmas!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!!! You would be so fun to "shop" with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. posted a comment last week and see it wasn't posted. will play again, and see what happens. I had commented that I was looking forward to having the lovely slippers to wear the next time I visit. see I need to figure out how to comment as:
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete