Thursday, November 21, 2013

CALLING IT A DAY




I started this morning about 9 and worked until 3:00 to get my dress sewn. It is almost finished. Leaving it for now to have a cup of coffee. I still need to thread the tie through the casing around the high waist and I need to hem it. First I need to take off a few inches from the length and at the same time trim a few inches from my body for it to fit nicely. Here is how I am working on that problem. 


Yesterday, while at Bob's surveillance  luncheon I struck up a conversation with the person sitting next to me and learned we both have the same desire. That is to have a walking partner. Some one who will keep each other on track and motivated. Well, guess what,  and we are starting tomorrow to walk each morning or at least most mornings. 

Back to my day. After I finish sewing or art or anything I do  I always have a big mess to clean up. Today I have only a small one. 



This is my sewing machine with the tie waiting to be stitched...


Here is my serger that I used to finish the seams of the garments unless they are couture and if so I finish differently. This dress is definitely not couture so the seams got serged. 

I try to move around and not sit for too long so today I took a walk around my garden and took a couple of photo of late blooming flowers. 





I never can remember the name of the flowers we plant but this is one that we transplanted before my daughter got here. I was afraid it was dying but looks like it will make it after all.



I do remember the name of this one. A weeping bottle brush tree. I thought the nursery said it would bloom in the spring but it is looking pretty colorful so maybe it thinks it is spring since we are having so much warm weather. Not at all like fall is suppose to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for walking partners! Sewing machines and flowers that bloom unexpectedly! You bring joy to my life Darlene Sperber!

    ReplyDelete