Wednesday, November 20, 2013

PEACE AGAIN AT THE OLD HOMESTEAD





Nothing much going on today other then we went to Bob's Surveillance luncheon and installation of officers. Our contribution to the lunch was a home made  recipe of mac and cheese from Eating Well. It was very good and I managed to bring enough home for our dinner tonight which saved me from having to cook. And that's a good thing!

We got home early enough that I had time to cut out my dress instead of waiting until tomorrow. Now it is ready to sew and I should be able to finish it with no problem by weeks end.

As I mentioned in a previous blog we have a 'Smart TV' and there are times I think it is way too smart or the operator, me, is way not smart enough...I love messing around with my electronics which many times gets me into trouble and today it did just that. 

When ever I have time with out Bob around watching TV I play around trying to learn how things work. Today I was trying to find out how to get movies from my prime account at Amazon. In the process of doing this I was able to get movies from a different source then Netflix, but not sure how, and so we watched Thor.

During the time I was playing around I tried to get my Wii to pick up Amazon and in the process of doing that did a bunch of other things which I have forgotten but when we finished with Thor I could not get the regular TV to come in again. Spent the next hour playing around trying to figure out what setting I changed and how to 'fix' it...I finally gave up and stopped to put some dinner on the table. As we were eating I thought about what was on the screen and realized it said Av instead of HDMI or what ever it usually says...so went back to settings and saw it was set on TV instead of the HDMI setting. When I changed that it was fixed. Needless to say I was relieved but not as much as Bob. I have much to keep me busy but Bob does enjoy his TV at night.

Good thing I don't have too much free time or I would be in trouble all the time.



1 comment:

  1. LOL... we're cut from the same mold, Sis. We've had this TV for more than five years and I still don't understand it. Or Sals cell phone. This stuff is too racey for me.
    Sounds like you had an interesting day, though and got a lot accomplished, more than I can say for myself.Now, I never know what to select where it says Comment as: None of those selections seem to fit me. And it wont let me post the comment without selecting a name.

    ReplyDelete