Friday, December 13, 2013

REVERB 13 Day 13 Alchemy

Change is in the air
The phrase “It takes a village” is often bandied about, in reference to child-rearing, running a business, just about everything. But if you’re anything like me, you may not be a natural born collaborator.

In 2014, how could you explore what community means to you?


It might be a question of sharing the load, asking for help or signing on someone with a complementary skill set. Or it could be about a creative collaboration that pushes you to explore new ideas and media.

Where might the alchemy be?


al·che·my

 noun \ˈal-kə-mē\
: a science that was used in the Middle Ages with the goal of changing ordinary metals into gold
: a power or process that changes or transforms something in a mysterious or impressive way

Having a hard time with this 'prompt' I decided to look up the meaning of alchemy hoping it would help me write this blog. 

Alchemy is about change and transformation.  I have certainly done that  this past year or so. I have gone from belonging to many groups and leader of two with all the necessary requirements of leadership to belonging to two very small groups within one large guild and being a 'follower' in both. 

Don't get me wrong. I like being a leader, being in charge but felt a need for a change or perhaps just a rest. I wanted to transform  my busy, often hectic  life to a more sedate one. One that would give me more time for myself and my physical needs. Now I have done that I realize it does take a village.. I need to talk , I need to socialize, I need to share and I need to know. 

I know that it takes your tribe, and I have a wonderful tribe, to hold you when need comfort, support you when you falter, encourage you when you are in doubt and fulfill the need for completion. At least it does for me. So in 2014 I will continue to explore my needs and the needs of my tribe and  how to share with and support them. Making us all better able to meet the future with abandon and enthusiasm.

It may not be mysterious but it will be impressive!


2 comments:

  1. Yes too , realised sometimes you need an extra pair of eyes or pair of hands, those extra eyes or ears etc are not a bad thing. it eases our burden whilst also giving us strength.

    ReplyDelete