Monday, December 9, 2013

REVERB 13 Day 9 Inspiration

Who inspired you in 2013? And why?

What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2014?


I have had many people inspire me this past year, namely Ruth, Christine and Ellen, but for this blog I am going to write about a new person who inspires me. She was brought to my attention by Ruth because of the posting of tangles I had done and love doing. If you would like to check out her blog go to http://rabbitee.wordpress.com/. You will see some phenomenal art work. In the meantime here is what I did from that inspiration.




I started with a drawing I had done in September 2011 to use as a pattern for some work in clay. ...Here is the original drawing. You can see where I started today's art on the one side...before I thought to take a photo.










I turned the drawing into this air dry clay figure.










Then after seeing the art by 'rabbitee' I decided to give that technique a try. So to begin I traced over the original pencil drawing with pen  and started working on tangling each section of the drawing. It was not easy to figure out what to do and keep the design intact.This is the result I have after 5 hours of work. My eyes are too tired to finish today so will finish it up at a later date. 


What gifts did they give you? And how will you carry these forward in to 2014?

The people who have inspired me this year have given me their friendship which is the most important gift of all. But they have also, with their praise and encouragement, built my confidence myself and my artistic abilities and given me courage to be myself and explore all kinds of of art. The good , the bad and the ugly. I love it all!







No comments:

Post a Comment