Monday, January 20, 2014

BRAVE INTUITIVE WORKSHOP

I just finished putting all the stuff away from having my painting workshop here and what a glorious workshop it turned out to be. Now I want to catch up on my blogging.






Ellen came on Wednesday and stayed over until Saturday afternoon. here is the first painting she completed.















Then came Ellen's second painting finished. ...















Here is my first painting finished. I am going to do a second painting on the reverse side so I an hang it free between my Garden Room and the back yard (where my bottle wall used to be) It will act as a divider and be seen from both sides. This side I have named Buddha's Tears.

Interesting at how similar the colors are in mine and Ellen's paintings. Not so with my next one.












Here is my finished second painting. I decided to use the painting as a back ground and collage these two items on to it. I like the way it comes out and when I get it hung in the pergola the mirror will reflect something other then my car roof...

Below is the detail on the bottom of the painting...















Then my daughter arrived on Saturday just before Ellen left for home. We painted the remainder of the day with my grand daughter joining us for dinner  and spending the night to be able to continue painting through the weekend. Here are my grand daughter's paintings.






I love this one...Liz does not like a-symmetrical or geometric so this was a real stretch for her to do this painting.


















Then she finished this one in the wee hours of the morning when she and my daughter stayed up most of the night painting. This is gold gesso on the back ground.












Then comes my daughter's paintings. She was going to do 2 large ones but decided to paint on both sides of the boards so she can reverse them when ever the moods strikes...Only 2 of the paintings are complete as of the writing of this blog plus the round one she did for my table topper. This is the first one she finished.














Here is her second finished painting...what is fun with her paintings is there is no orientation issue...She can hang them how ever she feel like and it will work.


















This is the round table topper she did for me. It looks great on the table with the glass over it...




















Then because he could Marshal got in the painting business also. Here is a pic of him with paint in his neck. He had to investigate everything each time he ventured into the garage...Once when one of the paintings Deb was working on slipped off the stools where it was perched he immediately trotted over the wet paint..leaving cute little paw prints all through it. She is leaving some of them there since it is going to be her 'walk through the garden' painting. Bob had to wash marshal's feet before we could let him in but we do still have paw prints all over the garage floor.

I have two more paintings started plus the one on the reverse of the first one but not far enough along to post them. When they are finished I will add them to the collections making 13 in all. What a memorable week of fun we had.



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week you had, offer an art retreat and we'll always be ready to join you. Love all the paintings, especially the round one, looks like a view from above the jungle. I am looking forward to painting again, want to hang paintings along the fence by the Fancy Red Neck Studio. And once more thank you for a wonderful time, I came home so relaxed and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such an exciting and inspirational weekend Mom. I am exhausted physically, but my creative side is buzzing with so many nuances of what to do next...I set my paintings out for ease of working on them. I do have a dilemma. Stan really likes the blue comets and leaf, and I am in love with what is transpiring for my bird portrait...This one will have to have holes for turning it as the whim strikes us. Now to carve out some space for new paints and brushes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Darlene! What a great blog visit I had here reading about the different paintings and seeing them. I love the colors and shapes. I especially love the layering. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete