Tuesday, January 21, 2014

RE-GROUPING

Today was another day of getting back to normal though I am still trying to figure out what "normal" is. I had a very lazy day which was nice.Painted the edges of two paintings so I could call them complete.



 The round one looks so very good on my table. Here it is with the glass topper over it. The base is the wicker basket Ellen got for me at a yard sale (she is the yard sale queen in my book) and Bob painted it black to match the furniture my daughter Cassie and I found at a local yard sale that we came across while walking during her vacation in November. 

The other finished painting is the one with the mirror and will be installed under my pergola soon as the weather gives us a break. 

When my daughter came down on Saturday she brought this organizer for me and I had planned to used it for sewing tools. Spent a couple of hours sorting out my sewing machine cabinet drawers and putting things in it and in the end decided it was not going to work as I envisioned it. So I removed all the 'stuff' and reorganized the drawers, which were in sore need of it. Found some treasures there that I had forgotten I had and some I wonder why I have them. Some I know I have never used nor will I ever use them. But back in the drawer they went waiting for a new home to be found.  One nice thing is I now know what is in them and where to find it when needed.

My new organizer will work much better with art supplies...that is coming after the paintings are finished.

Tomorrow I hope to be inspired and get one more painting, maybe two, complete so I can install them along with the two I have and then I can call the pergola my art gallery.

I think I will plan a concrete workshop for early spring and see if I can get a few new items for my garden. Any one interested? It will take place in my outdoor studio. I have some Styrofoam cooler boxes I want to turn into large rocks using newspaper, chicken wire and thin set...hummmm you say..Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

  1. Darlene! I think the table turned out perfectly. I love that the circular painting turned into a table top and that it is protected by glass. The stand is perfect! I believe these kinds of odds and ends that are creatively put together make the most interesting and charming environments. And that organizer is so inviting! Can't wait to see how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking for our next get together we could do garden art. If the weather was nicer I would have loved working in the garden. We could make art, clean up and rearrange the garden.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete