Sunday, February 16, 2014

QUILTING WEEKEND CONTINUED

Our quilting weekend is over and the girls are all well pleased with the results.





Here are some pics from Saturday afternoon shortly after we got started sewing. The first thing everyone had to do was pick fabric and cut it into 3 inch strips. Here they are concentrating on sewing a straight line.







Shennon thinking about what happens next.










Krysta and Debbie well on their way to getting a few rows sewed.











Shennon has hers started and is happy with the results so far.











By the time we stopped for  dinner on Saturday we were able to see real results. 









Krysta was so excited when she got 7 out of 8 of her panels finished she had to give it a try.







Before I left for home on Sunday after dinner here is what the girls had accomplished...




Shennon, who had never sewed a stitch on a machine in her whole life finished first. She opted to make the small table quilt as her first...Doesn't she look proud of herself as well she should.

That is Krysta in the back ground pressing her binding.












Shortly after Krysta got her binding sewn on and her quilt was finished. Krysta made the larger version which makes it a perfect size to cuddle on the sofa on a cold evening...

Another happy and proud smile.



Debbie did not get her quilt finished but she spent time helping the girls and feeding the hungry masses but she has let me know that since I left for home she has hers about half way sewn together.








I think it is so interesting that everyone had the same choices of fabric to choose from yet look how different the quilts look when finished.

I hear we have a few more people who want to attend the next quilt workshop so I am thinking we need a bigger place to sew...we may have to rent a hall for the next quilt workshop. 








1 comment:

  1. Darlene, I learn so much from your photos and explanations. I have to admit, I wish I had you in my family. Life would be so fun and beautiful with all the art that you bring to it! One thing is missing in in these photos--you!

    ReplyDelete