Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TREASURES

They say one man's trash is another man's treasures and so it is...On Saturday afternoon we went to my son's to celebrate his 50th birthday. 






While there we talked about what kind of tool it would take to cut through some hard spokes of a fan cage. Thus he learned I had a Dremel tool. Now I am the recipient of a Dremel Drill Press that he no longer needs. How wonderful is that...





Then I noticed he had a very nice wooden statue sitting on his bench collecting dust so I ask him why and learned his wife did not like the statue so it was given to his daughter...








I have a giraffe statue she has coveted for years so I traded it for the Oriental statue with the promise that someday she will get it back...











Then on the way home later in evening we came across a "curb alert" with a pretty decent looking black iron table and 4 chairs.



Along with the table and chairs was a brown weird shaped end table... 












and a pretty clay pottery vase






After a good cleaning and some new seat covers for the chairs I am going to replace my white plastic wicker table and mismatched chairs on the lanai..It will still seat 4 people and take up less space and will be a better match to my black wicker furniture I got at a yard sale last year. I have no idea what I am going to do with the small brown wooden  end table but if nothing else it will come apart and be used for some fun creation. The clay vase is beautiful and will make a nice addition to my garden room which is where the round plastic wicker table is going to end up unless it is too big...So it was a fun and profitable day at the 50th birthday of my son Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment