Sunday, March 16, 2014

DOLDRUMS

My daughter Cassie
For the past week I have been in a funk...Not wanting to start a new art project, not wanting to work on the one I have going because of the weather being too wet, too cold, too something so I just fooled around on my computer, did a little exercise, not enough and read a bit...So I have been feeling very much in an artistic funk.

Tonight when looking at one of the artist's work on The Daily Creative Practice I started a dialog with her. Her name is Carol Clapp Hays and she showed me and explained to me her process for doing some fiber art. Then told me the name of the video and the artist, Wen Redmond, she learned from that gives a tutorial on how to do it. Here is the name of the video.
Digital Imagery in Fiber Art: Using Textured Backgrounds for a Painterly Effect by Wen Redmond

I do not have a photoshop program to manipulate images and do not know much about how to manipulate images and do not want to spend a lot of money on a photo manipulation program. So Carol told me of a free program, PIXLR, that will do many fun things with your images. I went online to see how it worked and manipulated an image of my daughter...one easy step and what fun and how many choices I had. There are other more involved things I could do but for the first try this was an okay attempt. It showed me ways to do things without spending a lot of money. I will learn more later when I have the chance to play around a little more.

In the meantime I am going to get the video and give some of these techniques a try. I love fiber art and this is something I have not tried before...Here is a link for the gallery of some of Wen's art.  gallery

This is such a good example of how valuable this art group is that Ruth Showalter started and invited me to join. I may never have learned of this technique without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment